Our skin is that part of our body that is exposed to harsh weather conditions and ever-increasing pollution every day. The result of this onslaught of environmental and other factors on the skin is quite unpleasant. Our skin starts aging sooner than its preordained time, and it lacks luster and goes on to become dull and lifeless. No amount of makeup can help one fix the damage inflicted on the skin by certain uncontrollable factors coupled with their own negligence toward their skin.
Just as we develop a workout routine combined with a healthy diet to ensure that our body remains healthy and free from ailments, it is imperative that we devise our own skincare routine to prevent our skin from displaying signs of premature aging and neglect.
Below are some essential skincare tips that can help you create your skincare regime, and they will go a long way in protecting your skin from harm and aid in ensuring it looks healthy and supple.
- Cleansing oil: We often forget to remove makeup before going to sleep or often, we don’t do a good job of cleansing our skin off the makeup residues before going to sleep. This makeup residue can settle in your skin and make it appear dull. Hence, when you wake up in the morning, you need to cleanse your skin before you can begin your skincare routine. Before applying any sort of sunscreen or other skincare products, use a cleansing oil to remove the dirt and makeup residue from your skin, gently rub it into your skin and rinse with warm water.
- Water-based cleanser: Once you are done with the first step of your skincare routine, the next step involves using a water-based cleanser that deeply cleanses your skin and gets rid of oil, dirt, and whatever makeup residue escaped the cleansing oil. It is imperative that you choose natural skincare products for your skincare regime as regular skincare products can be harsh on the skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. It is advisable to choose a water-based, non-oily cleanser for this purpose.
- Toner: A toner is a must when you get done with the cleanser. It is essential to avoid skipping this step, as the toner helps restore the pH balance of your skin and can dramatically reduce the appearance of pores. In fact, the toner is hydrating and forms a protective barrier over the skin.
- Moisturizer: Once you are done prepping up your skin, you need to moisturize it to ensure that your skin stays supple. Choosing a moisturizer depends largely on your skin type; people with sensitive skin can opt for sensitive skin moisturizers that go easy on the skin and still keep it hydrated and glowing. In fact, people with eczema can also follow this routine provided that they choose eczema lotions that can help them control the condition and give them the desired soft skin at the same time.
- Sunscreen: Irrespective of the weather, you need to use sunscreen without fail. It is vital to apply sunscreen with the right SPF levels to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. This step will go a long way in preventing pigmentation spots and wrinkles from making an early appearance on your skin.