There’s no dearth of diet fads on the Internet. People often believe the results that these diets claim to deliver, and without much ado, hop on the bandwagon and follow these potentially life-threatening diet fads. Instead of addressing the issue of weight loss and ensuring that an individual adheres to a balanced diet, these crash diet plans speed up the process of weight loss by eliminating a food group.
Contrary to what one may believe, the human body requires all the nutrients present in one’s food; proteins, carbs, vitamins, minerals, and even fats should be a part of one’s daily diet. The body needs a particular amount of fat to continue with its functions. Also, there are different types of fats, namely unsaturated fats, saturated fats, and trans fat, among which unsaturated fats are healthier compared to its counterparts.
If an individual wishes to lose weight the right way, they can switch the unhealthy fats with foods that have low-fat content, yet provide the required amount of fat to the body. So, if one is keen on following a low-fat diet, here are some low-fat foods they can include in their diet.
- Green leafy vegetables: All through life, one hears that all vegetables are healthy, and one can maintain their fitness by including these vegetables in one’s daily diet. Though vegetables are healthy, green leafy vegetables have a lower fat content compared to other vegetables. So, green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, chard, arugula, and microgreens should be made a part of one’s low-fat diet.
- Fruits: Fruits are an excellent source of natural sugar, so, if one craves sweet food, eating an apple or a pineapple can help battle the craving. However, certain fruits have a higher fat content than others. So, if one is dealing with weight issues, they should refrain from consuming bananas, and make peace with kiwis instead. Also, they can include fruits such as watermelons, oranges, blueberries, grapefruit, papaya, and peach to their low-fat diet.
- Nuts: Nuts are superfoods, and are very healthy as they contain vital nutrients essential for an individual to stay healthy. In fact, nuts like almonds, apricots, and walnuts, are excellent sources of healthy fats that aid the process of weight loss. To ensure that an individual receives the required amount of fat in their diet, adding either of these healthy nuts and dry fruits will do the trick.
- Whole foods: Whole foods are quite healthy and go a long way in helping an individual lose extra pounds. It is imperative that one includes foods like wheat, lentils, beans, peas, millets, and whole grains to their low-fat diet as these foods are very healthy and aid the process of weight loss. Since whole foods are fibrous, consuming these will keep a person full for a long time, and prevent them from snacking on unhealthy food items.
- Low-fat dairy products: Dairy products contain a lot of nutrients essential for the body, but the only deterring factor is its high-fat content. However, eliminating dairy products from one’s diet might prove detrimental as it reduces the intake of necessary nutrients like calcium. So, one can shift to low-fat dairy products that are nutritious and aid in weight loss as well.
Tags- low-fat diet