It can be extremely difficult to lose weight amidst our busy work schedules. There are various stressors in our lives that make us forget to keep a check on our calorie count. This leads to stomach bloating and unnecessary weight gain, not to forget the health implications that come along with stress eating. Having a job that requires extensive travel makes it even difficult to eat healthily. This can lead to several health complications that can be dangerous in the long run.
You do not need a plethora of ingredients to prepare a lip-smacking healthy snack. Pairing some of the simplest foods can pass as a snack that is good for your health. Here are a couple of easy yet appetizing healthy snack ideas that can help you fix the conundrum and lose weight and stay fit on-the-go:
- Apple slices with peanut butter: The combination of these two food products have been trending in recent time among people wanting to lose weight. Apples being high on fiber, antioxidants, and polyphenol reduce the risk of heart diseases and improve the gut health. Peanut butter has additional health benefits. It is known to reduce the LDL cholesterol, commonly known as bad cholesterol, and triglycerides and increase HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Combination of this type of a snack helps to keep you full for longer hours helping you avoid binging on unhealthy snacks. The combination of apple with light-cream and avocado can also be used to make a healthy smoothie.
- Celery sticks with cream cheese: This is one of those healthy snacks that are low on carbs, which help in losing weight. Celery also contains luteolin that reduces inflammation. This antioxidant helps in preventing cancer. Although celery sticks might not pass as an appetizing snack, you can use a cheese dip of your choice.
- Kale chips: An incredibly healthy snack idea, kale is loaded with antioxidants such as kaempferol and quercetin. These compounds are known to decrease blood pressure. Studies have also shown to reduce the risk of colon cancer. Use one cup of bite-sized kale leaves and rile them with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set the kale leaves on a baking tray and sprinkle some salt on them. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes; an easy recipe with a calorie count of 150 calories.
- Cucumber slices with hummus: The duo has several nutritional benefits. While cucumber is rich in cucurbitacin E which helps in suppressing cancer, hummus is a high-protein food source that also reduces inflammation and improves heart health. If you are planning to lose weight, this is one of the best ‘on-the-go’ healthy snacks that you can pick.
- Chia seed pudding: Chia seeds can be included in all types of diet. They are a paramount component in the vegan and the ketogenic diet. Although the seeds in themselves don’t have a flavor, they have jelly-like consistency when soaked in liquid. This allows them to be made into a pudding. All you need to do is combine chia seeds in a small bowl. Stir in cocoa powder. Add peanut butter and sweetener into it and refrigerate for half an hour minute, and yummy chia seed pudding is ready.
- Baby carrots with blue cheese: Carrots are a great source of vitamin A and are extremely beneficial to the eyes, as they reduce the risk of suffering from cataract. Eating carrots as a plain salad might be uninteresting. So, try to mix them with some tasty ingredients. A good idea for a healthy snack would be eating carrots with blue cheese. Although it contains some fat, it increases the absorption of carotenoids that help in producing vitamin A.